Ship Icon Pack
This software is no longer supported or needed as there is now a "type" option in the overview columns. So make sure to read the Overview Settings page to get yourself set up.
This pack replaces the ship icon which appears in your overview with an altered version. It displays an abbreviation of the ship name, the shiptype, and the race of the ship in a color corresponding with the color jammer you should use on the ship.
- Unzip contents to:
- 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\*YOURUSERNAME*\Local Settings\Application Data\CCP\EVE\*X*_games_eve_tranquility\cache\Pictures\Gids
- Vista: C:\Users\*YOURUSERNAME*\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\*X*_games_eve_tranquility\cache\Pictures\Gids
- OSX: /Users/*YOURUSERNAME*/Library/Preferences/EVE Online Preferences/p_drive/Local Settings/Application Data/CCP/EVE/cache/Pictures/Gids
Replace *YOURUSERNAME* with your username, and *X* for whichever drive your EVE installation is on.
For example, if EVE is installed in C:\Program Files\EVE, then it would be c_games_eve_tranquility. If EVE is installed in D:\Games\EVE, then it would be d_games_eve_tranquility. This was changed in the 1.1 Trinity patch, and may change again. :ccp:
- Delete all images from your Gids folder, wherever it is (see above).
- Don't worry about deleting anything from here, EVE will automatically retrieve the original images.
- Yellow (Amarr - Radar)
- Blue (Caldari - Gravimetric)
- Red (Minmatar - Ladar)
- Green (Gallente - Magnetometric)
- This doesn't interfere with the images in the market or anywhere else. It only changes the 32x32 image in the overview.
- Post in the discussion page if you spot any errors or think any ship names are abbreviated poorly.
- Some users have reported that Eve occasionally deletes these images. To prevent this tag all the files read-only and use XP permissions to disable deleting.
- Download V2.6